ok, these are outta this world. seriously amazing. i found these over at Jasey's Crazy Daisy and i had to make them! i make wonderful treats like this for my boys, because just looking at them i gain 10 lbs. admittedly i did eat a small bite and woah, like woah. that's all i got. woah.
honestly, with the freezing/cooling time, they take a bit of time. so if you are going to make them block enough time off. they are soooo worth it.
ciao happy baking my tomato friends ~b
1 box of brownie mix (eggs & oil to make brownies)
1/4 cup of hot fudge sauce
1/4 cup of unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups of marshmallow creme
1/4 cup of peanut butter
1 1/2 cups of salted peanuts
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 - 14 ounce bag of caramel pieces
3 tblspns of heavy cream
1 - 11.5 ounce bag of milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup of peanut butter
1. Prepare the brownies according to package instructions adding in the hot fudge sauce. Blend the batter together till smooth. Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with non stick spray, bake for appropriate time required.
2. Remove the brownies from the oven and set aside to allow them to cool (approximately 20 minutes for cooling time). While your brownies are cooling make the nougat layer.
3. In a medium sized sauce pan, melt your butter, then add the sugar and evaporated milk. Stir the ingredients over a medium/high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and then add in the marshmallow creme, peanut butter and vanilla. Stir the ingredients over a low heat until smooth. Then remove from heat and fold in the peanuts.
4. Allow the nougat ingredients to cool for a few minutes (not enough to allow it to thicken) then pour it on top of the cooled brownie. Then transfer the dish to the freezer for about 15 minutes or until set.
5. While the nougat layer is setting make the caramel layer a few minutes before the nougat is almost set. Place the caramel bites and the heavy cream in a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat. Stirring constantly to avoid sticking. Stir till the caramel is smooth and free of lumps.
6. Once the nougat is hardened remove it from the freezer and then pour the caramel sauce on top of the nougat layer. (make the caramel sauce just a few minute before the nougat layer is ready, so the caramel layer doesn't get really hard sitting out)
7. Transfer the pan to the freezer again to allow the caramel to harden, this takes about 15 minutes as well.
8. Make the chocolate layer minutes prior to the caramel layer being set. I placed my chocolate pieces in a small bowl microwave safe bowl and microwaved them on high at HALF the power for a full minute. Then continued to cook the chocolate at 30 second intervals full power. Stir after every additional 30 seconds. Keep doing this until the chocolate is smooth, being careful not to overcook. Set the chocolate aside and in a separate dish scoop in the peanut butter and microwave it for 30 seconds at full power. Then mix the two together and microwave the mixture an additional 30 seconds on high and then stir the mixture again ensuring there are no lumps and the chocolate is smooth.
9. Once the caramel is set pour the chocolate mixture on top of the caramel layer. Then transfer the brownies to the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set for about 40 minutes. You don't want it too hard for cutting, so don't put it in the freezer. Also store them in the fridge till ready to eat otherwise the chocolate may melt at room temp.
10. Once the chocolate is set cut the brownies into equal pieces and serve cool or heat them up in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
Details: Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes + Freezing/Cooling Time 70 Minutes Total Time: 140 Minutes Yield: Approximately 15-20 Brownies