When I saw these over at Necessary Indulgences, I thought... 'OMG. must make these stat.' So there you have it. The result, epically delicious. bamm! and le bammerific. I recommend you go out to the store tonight and buy the necessary ingredients stat!
Quick PSA: wear gloves when you chop jalapenos. So you can look fancy like me, also the capsaicin oil in the peppers will burn the crap out of your hands.
Here's some of what you'll be needing:
|Goat Cheese OR Cream cheese. I used both because children are picky. Pepper Jack Cheese, and THICK Sliced bacon. Way easier to wrap with. FYI.|
|All wrapped up in pretty bacon and ready for the grill.|
Jalapenos approximately 3-4
About 3-4 chicken breasts or thighs. (I used breast)
One block of Pepper Jack cheese.
One block of softened cream cheese OR Soft goat cheese ( I used both, because my children can be finicky, also goat cheese is a bit pricey. But I would make sure you have at least 8 ounces of the cheese if that is all you're going to use rather than cream cheese. )
1 Jar of Sticky Fingers Sweet Carolina BBQ sauce.
THICK Cut bacon. Trust me... get the thick cut, way easier to roll the chicken with.
Oil for the grill and a brush.
1. Wash then cut your peppers into halves and remove all the seeds.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together softened cream cheese or goat cheese. Using a cheese grater, shred the block of Pepper Jack cheese and mix it into the cream cheese or goat cheese.
3. Since I used breast rather than thighs, I butterflied my chicken. Also, I used a mallet and flattened it a bit. Not TOO Thin though otherwise it won't wrap anything well.
4. I added Adobo, Basil, Oregano, Pepper and Parsley to the chicken. You may season as you wish.
5. Take the halved jalapeno and fill it with the cheese mixture, Place it into the center of a piece of chicken and then using several toothpicks seal the chicken. I used the bacon to help "seal in" the cheese. Because I will be honest, I used heaps of this cheese mixture to the point it was over flowing the pepper. :)
6. Wrap the bacon strategically around the cheesy chicken ball. (I'm kidding, there's no strategy) Cook these on the grill at approximately 350 degrees or a medium heat setting... for approximately 35-40 minutes. (Oil the grill first, and using your brush... brush with BBQ sauce while cooking)
7. eat. devour. conquer said food. and so it tis'.
happy end of summer days, tomato friends. enjoy. see you this fall... i shall post some more yumminess soon...